Thursday 21 August 2008

my 10 minutes of ordeal

somehow or rather, my legs took me to the un-usual mayflower primary bus stop instead of the usual one that i usually go. ok. this sentence sounds grammatically weird but i don't really care. back to where i was saying.

it was around 1pm. the time was indeed significant cos' it meant that all the primary school students would have ended school and would have flooded the bus stop, as a matter of fact. so it started off with only 5-6 students. so i waited for what seemed to take forever to come and yes, only then did i realise that the zoo bus might have just left and i would be stuck there feeling so miserable for the next 10-15 minutes.

so back to the kids. more and more came. some played catching, some merely stoning, some flashing their omigod-even-more-zai-than-mine handphones. and they looked barely 10 years old for pete's sake. yes, N72. i saw this kid who's barely reaching my elbow holding this phone, standing so near me that he was on the verge of flanking it into my face.

p.s there's no such thing as flanking; i just coin it up on my own

ok. that was still tolerable. till there was this p school kid who was muttering vulgarities so softly that the whole world could hear it. yes, you ain't reading this wrongly; it's supposed to be a paradox. as least he was speaking in a volume loud enough for me to hear and be pissed off so yes, i was terribly irritated. so my 10 to 15 minutes ordeal was a pretty horrendous one. yes, it ain't an 'ordeal' for nothing and then the slow poke bus came, alleviating me of my misery in the least. Argh. How i wish it was 169 instead that i was waiting for. At least i won't have to look like an utter pathetic soul waiting for a bus that take eons to reach.

And yesterday was kinda funny cos' my dad wanted to watch usain bolt run the 200m. Waiting and waiting so was he and so I casually said that it might have been over and I would give him 100 bucks if it hasnt. (note:time was 10.15pm already ok.)

NO. as a matter of fact, the race was at 10.45pm like OMIGOD. So late can and it was like the last event and so yes, bolt ran, was 1st and broke the world record.

wow. thank you very much. it certainly just entertained me when he was 'performing' in front of the camera to celebrate his victory.

and back to my books.

tomorrow will be french and the day after korean. OMIGOD. fireworks! (: (:
in the case you don't read the papers, it's on the22nd and 23rd August. 9pm. City Hall/Marina Square.

No comments: